Features (Taken from Folica website)
- Alterna Caviar Repair Rx Instant Recovery Shampoo is a deeply reparative shampoo which reconstruct each individual strand of hair from the inside out to rebuild, resurface and restore hair, leaving strands strong, healthy, smooth, shiny & fully restored.
- Key product benefits are derived from Strand-Building Proteins, which target damage at the microscopic level, working to repair each individual strand of hair:
- REBUILDS: This unique ingredient blend delivers essential nutrients to the hair’s interior cortex, nourishing to help strengthen strands. Fills in gaps & tears in the damaged cuticle, reconstructing this protective layer to ensure that nutrients do not escape. Cements the newly constructed, exterior cuticle to the interior cortex, ensuring that the scales of the hair lay flat.
- RESURFACES: Seals and reinforces the cuticle layer with a defensive shield that strengthens the strand to increase resistance to breakage while infusing hair with vital antioxidants to help prevent free radical penetration and other damage from occurring.
- RESTORES: Leaves strands fully restored to their healthy, pre-damaged state. Hair is stronger, smoother, softer and shinier.
- Color Hold®: A proprietary color protection complex found in all Alterna products that provides the highest level of color protection from color fade caused by UVA, UVB and visible light rays – including artificial light sources.
- Enzymetherapy®: A core Alterna technology found in each of our products. Helps to transform ingredients into a micro-structure that the hair can more easily absorb allowing for deeper, more targeted penetration of active ingredients.
- Age-Control Complex®: Caviar Extract, Vitamin C & Cytokines to fight natural, chemical & environmental aging
- Seasilk®: A blend of marine botanicals that provides exceptional moisture and helps repair damaged hair
So does it work? The verdict is in! This stuff is incredible. The first time I didnt notice too much but after 3 washes my hair was less frizzy, softer and much easier to brush through. I have extremely thick wavy hair and I noticed the dry time was less and I had much more of a bounce that I didn't have before. At $32 per bottle, some might brush this off as too expensive ($64 for the set) but it's well worth the high cost. I recommend this for anyone that needs a good repair from too much heat or color damage. This truly is the "caviar" of shampoos, and I think I finally found my "go to" hair repair.
Alterna Caviar Repair is available at Folica for $32 per bottle.
Disclosure: A press sample was sent to me for consideration from PR for the purpose of this review. All opinions are my own. No monetary compensation was received.