Hey everyone! So I try to write things I have knowledge about. And although I don't know much about a lot of different topics and issues, I can tell you I think I have perfected how to make your eyes look wider, larger and brighter. I hate to brag, but I am right now 32 years old, and most people think I look about 23-25 and it's not because of how short I am or how thin I am, I think it's because I keep my skin looking young and healthy, and a lot of times I think it's due to my eyes looking youthful.
I've been watching a lot of you tube videos. I love the makeup tutorials by certain bloggers and even fashion bloggers that I commit myself to watching everyday. I hope to one day be a blogger that people can follow everyday and watch my tutorials and you tube videos. I know I am a lot older then most female beauty/fashion bloggers, but that's why I think I can really show females how to look younger without going under the knife or doing the botox thing.
So as I said I'm not an expert in many things, but I do know how to create an effect that will make you look younger and your skin brighter. You don't have to buy the most expensive skin care products or makeup. I recently bought a couple things at Ulta that really helped me achieve this.
1) Make sure you keep the skin around your eyes moisturized. This is a big because if you don't do this your wrinkles, crow's feet and dark circles will look much worse. If you can't afford an eye cream, get a plain old moisturizer that you put all over your face. I'm a victim of knowing that if your skin looks dry it creases and therefore makes you look older. This is probably common knowledge to most of you, but it's the #1 tip in keeping a young youthful eye. Also drink a lot of water and take vitamins or supplements for your skin.
2) Use an under eye brightener This is a biggie that a lot of people don't talk about. I can't count how many of my girlfriends use a plain old concealer and that's it. No no no! Concealer will not only wear off during the day if you don't prime it, but it can actually make you look older by bringing out the lines around your eyes especially if you don't get the right color. Always get a concealer that is a shade lighter then your skin because if you get it too dark or not light enough it will look silly AND make you look older. For concealer I highly recommend MAC, but if you prefer a drugstore brand Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer is amazing. You want one that includes a moisturizer and will also brighten the eye.
A good eye brightener is MAC's Prep & Prime but my favorite is Bare Minerals Well Rested. Applying this after your concealer will give your eyes a beautiful bright look and will diminish your dark circles. If you don't know what kind to get and don't want to get an expensive eye brightener/illuminator, Covergirl and Loreal make a great one too.
3) Use Eyeliner Ok you probably think this is common knowledge too, but it's so amazing what a little black line on your eyelid can do. It keeps my eyes really wide and makes them look twice as big. Also a white pencil liner on your water line gives you a much more youthful appearance. Bet you didn't know that one! Bigger eyes make you look younger, so if you have small beady eyes, try these steps and I guarantee you will be impressed.
4) Use lengthening mascara- Many people make the mistake of using volume thickening mascara, but if you're going for a bigger eye look then you want to make your lashes look long. (The top & bottom ones) It's the finishing touch for a perfect eye.
5) Highlight your Eyebrow- If you have a white or cream based eyeshadow put a little right under your eyebrow arch to highlight the eye area. Don't put too much or you're going to look like a clown. Dab a tiny bit.
And after watching so many girls do their makeup, it's SO important to dab and not rub in your concealer or illuminator. If you don't have the Beauty Blender, get it because it's great for pushing makeup directly into your skin and not rubbing it around. When you rub your makeup it doesn't stay where you want it to and eventually comes off during the day. I also highly think everyone should use a Finishing Powder under your eyes and on your entire face. This ensures your makeup won't smudge or run off in the middle of the day. Makeup Forever makes a great finish powder, but so does Rimmel. With all these steps I promise you a healthier younger appearance. Especially around your eyes!
I will link all my favorite products for this underneath this post, let me know if you've tried any of these or plan to!
Drug Store Brands